Friday, March 16, 2012

My Relaxer FAIL. (PICS INSIDE)

After transitioning for 13 months,in other words a year and one month (I only had about 4 inches of relaxed hair left), February 10th I decided to relax.






WHY?: 
1.It took forever to detangle my hair. 
2. My hair was growing BUT I couldn't really wear it "out" and enjoy it.
3. I was tired of weaves
4. I wanted to be able to COMB my hair.
5. It was very time consuming
TIP: CLICK PHOTOS TO ENLARGE.

8 Months Post

11 Months Post



1 Year Post
So, I did my "homework". I also contemplated weather or not this is what I wanted to do. Then, I weighed the pros and cons of a no lye relaxer and a lye one. After finally deciding to go through with the process,  I asked my mother to go to the store for me to get me an ORS (Organic Root Stimulator) relaxer. She came back with a SOFT & BEAUTIFUL. I never used this brand before.
I have very thick hair so we left it on for about 20 minutes. I didn't want it bone, stuck to my head straight but I wanted it STRAIGHT. So........after it was all said and done it looked a little straighter when  it was wet BUT, when it dried I looked in the mirror and was like (OMG!). It laughed at that perm, resisted it ,and was totally under processed (except my "bang"). All it really did was just loosened my texture  a bit. It's still THICK, a job to detangle, and comb. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. So just to make it easier on everyone I'm going to consider myself "TEXLAXED" from now on. 


AFTER: This is after my so called "relaxer". In that picture it's wet, I find when it's wet it's easier to tame. It's not until it dries does it end up like...... 

AFTER: This is my hair the same night it was "texlaxed" after it dried.(I took my face out because it was 2AM and I was looking rough! lol)
AFTER: This was taken 2 weeks ago, dry with no product. ( MARCH 2nd)
         The next photos are up close texture shots taken 3 days ago.




 ARE YOU MAD? No, because at the end of the day this hair journey IS a learning process.


WHAT DO YOU PLAN ON DOING NEXT? To be honest, I have no idea. I don't think I'm going to try and relax my hair again. I plan on leaving it as it for now and protective styling all summer anyways. I think transitioning for such a long period of time was harder than just doing the BC because of the straight ends. Especially when it came to styling. My styling lately has consisted of WNG's (Wash & Go's) and buns,with the exemption of the Dominican blowout I got on Feb. 17th, pretty simple. I'm going to hold divine intervention responsible for this. I guess the relaxer was just not meant to be for me and I'm okay with that. BETTER THAN having DAMAGE I'm pretty used to it now.

WRITTEN BY: MISHA

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Whipmyyhair Twitter | A healthy hair blog Youtube - Abstract Lenz |