Monday, May 14, 2012

Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour Eyeshadow Review W/ Swatches

Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour Eyeshadow Review Make up Monday Edition

One of Maybelline's newest edition is the 24 Hour Color Tattoo Eye Studio Collection. According to the advertisements the thing that sets it aside from other eyeshadows is that it's suppose to last 24 hours without creasing, cracking or smudging. Along with the 24 hour perks advertising has assured us that the color is VIBRANT just as the photo to the left.
This is a creamy/ gel like eyeshadow.


First off, let me say that I'm big on judging a book by it's cover. In this case it's a product by it's commercial. It was bright and filled with highly pigmented looks , and I was sold. It costs about 6.99.This collection includes 10 colors which are.
1.Edgy Emerald
2.Tenacious Teal
3.Fierce & Tangy
4.Bad to The Bronze
5.Bold Gold
6.Pomegranate Punk
7.Too Cool
8.Tough as Taupe
9.Painted Purple
10.Audacious Asphalt 
The colors I purchased were BOLD GOLD, TENACIOUS TEAL,  FIERCE & TANGY, POMEGRANATE PUNK, AND BAD TO THE BRONZE (not pictured).


When I got home and opened them up I was surprised because I didn't know they were cream based. I'm not a fan of them because of how they crease. But it very similar to Mac's color pot which changed my mind. I thought it was going to be a matte shadow much like Loreal Hip's High Intensity Pigments. But, on the upside it does has a very thick consistency. The first time I wore it I stayed up for 24+ hours. After about 12 hours it began creasing and between the 14th and 15th hour it started cracking and crumbling literately. It's very easy to wash off after the cracking stage but before you do have to do a little work to get it off, which is good in my book because I'm sure it would last through me swimming and a day at the beach.
The pros 
 glides on easily
 very easy to blend
 affordable
 comes in a variety of colors
The cons 
The colors are not as intense as advertised when used alone.
It doesn't last 24 hours ( roughly around 15 which is not bad)


   If you are looking for a pigmented look I wouldn't recommend using this alone (I never have), I either use it as a base/primer underneath of a like color or I use it on top.  I like this eyeshadow but I am not in love with it. This IS a good product but for the time being I'm in like, but I think that with time I may grow to love it. Over all I give this product 4 out of 5 stars. As I stated I only wish the colors popped more. I don't really have a need for my eyeshadow to last 24 hours.
Thanks for reading! Comment below with any questions.









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Whipmyyhair Twitter | A healthy hair blog Youtube - Abstract Lenz |